Conservatory classes are designed for advanced students who desire a more challenging dance curriculum. Focus is on technique, dance history, improv and showmanship in addition to an overall love of dance.
Conservatory classes are fast paced and require each dancer to be highly motivated for personal improvement. Socializing during classes must be kept to a minimum.
In addition to knowledge of advanced dance terminology and technique, dance education also teaches discipline, focus and an ability to use constructive criticism as a tool for improvement.
Adherence to all dress codes and proper class etiquette is expected at all times.
Due to the pace and rigor of these classes, exceptional attendance is required. While occasional illnesses and absences are expected, poor attendance and tardiness will not be tolerated. Dancers are expected to attend at least 90% of scheduled classes in order to continue in the Conservatory. Dancers who cannot commit to this level of attendance are welcome to Jazz 8, Modern 4, Hip hop 4/5 or Tap 6 to better fit their schedule.
While there is no specific exam to place into conservatory classes, the following technique elements are important for admission and are the continued focus of conservatory classes.
1. Control of pirouettes, advanced turns.
2. Safe flexibility including front extension, arabesque, splits.
3. Ability to show expression through face and body movements.
4. Ability to learn and clean choreography quickly.
5. Ability to take constructive criticism and apply it at an advanced level.
6. Ability to recognize and correct technique issues.
7. Ability to deliver full energy and focus into every class.
8. Ability to hear and interpret music and express emotions through movement.
ONLINE REGISTRATION now available at https://dancestudio-pro.com/online/abdance